Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 19

(Jasmina-S)
 
 
Jesus you taught by example
You showed us love by humbling yourself
As you washed the feet of your friends
And climbed on a cross
I look around and see
A mindless striving for power and control
Rather than serve there is a need to dominate
The hunger has led to a world that no longer recognizes
The power of a kind word
The beauty of a smile
The gift of small courtesies

This striving has emptied our hearts
Stripped our world
Shattered our trust
And left us with nothing but dust
On our hands and in our hearts

Flood this world once again
With the power of your love
Remind us how to kneel rather than tower
Show us how to reach out rather than take away
Help us to give rather than receive

Lord help me to be
More like you and less like me
Give me courage to love like you
And fall to my knees
Than strive to be part of this dis- ease  

No comments:

Post a Comment